10 American Funds named to Morningstar’s Fantastic 51
July 26, 2013
Morningstar® has announced its Fantastic 51 and we’re proud to say that 10 American Funds were named to the list.
Nearly 7,000 funds were put to the test. The 51 funds that made the list passed a rigorous set of selection criteria that included:
- Investment results. The funds had to outperform their prospectus benchmarks over the tenure of the longest-tenured manager (minimum 5 years).
- Expenses. Their expenses had to be in the lowest quintile of their respective categories.
- Parent rating. The funds’ parent organizations had to have positive ratings.
- Manager investment. Manager investment in the funds had to be more than $500,000.
- Analyst rating. The funds had to have a Morningstar Analyst RatingTM of Gold, Silver or Bronze.