It’s in the Mix
The investments in each of our funds change over time based on the target retirement date. This gradual shift is called a “glide path.”
- When the target retirement date is years away, stocks play a larger role in each target date fund’s investment mix to help build wealth.
- As the target retirement date nears, the investment mix places an increased emphasis on bonds to help manage the risk of market declines.
How the Investment Mix Changes Over Time
Distinguishing Points of Our Glide Path
- Significant stock investments throughout the lifetime of your fund can help manage the risk of outliving your savings in retirement.
- An increased emphasis on bonds as you near your retirement date can help manage the risk of market declines.
- Each fund is managed for 30 years beyond retirement, so you could feasibly use a single fund for decades.
The Benefit of Saving for Retirement
Target date funds make it easy to start saving for retirement. Of course, the longer you have to invest, the better your potential to realize your retirement goals.
See How Contributions to Your Plan Could Add Up Over Time:
Why Target Date Funds Can Be a Good Choice
Target date funds can simplify the process of choosing and managing your investments. See how target date funds work and why they may be the right choice for you.