For more information, call us at (800) 421-9900. Investors, please contact your financial professional.
Launched in 2002, CollegeAmerica is the nation’s largest 529 plan,1 with assets topping $58 billion.2 It has been chosen by more than 110,000 advisors and more than 1 million families nationwide.
A Trusted Plan
- CollegeAmerica comes with American Funds’ service, support and a long-term investment track record.
- Among Morningstar’s top-ranked advisor-sold 529 college savings plan.3
- Virginia529, our longstanding state sponsor, shares our commitment to college savings.
- CollegeAmerica features flexible and easy-to-use investment options, including target date funds.
- We’ve made it easier for advisors to open, offer and service accounts with a comprehensive suite of 529 resources.
- Our fees and expenses are among the lowest in the 529 industry.4
- CollegeAmerica’s contribution limits allow clients to invest until the account’s value reaches $500,000.
Our seven target date funds were designed to address the key challenges of saving for the rising costs of a higher education. A single investment provides diversification and a glide path matched to your clients’ investing time horizon, making saving for college easier than ever.
How the College Target Date Series Works
Choose a fund
Choose the fund with the target date closest to the year the student is expected to enroll in college.
Fund is adjusted over time
Over time, experienced investment professionals will adjust the underlying mix of American Funds so that the allocations remain appropriate for the fund’s time horizon.
Assets remain until withdrawn
Eventually the assets transition into the College Enrollment Fund, a preservation-oriented portfolio of high-quality, shorter term bonds. The assets remain there until they’re withdrawn.
- Simplified diversification
- Actively monitored
- Time-tested American Funds investments
Other CollegeAmerica Investment Options
The American Funds available in CollegeAmerica can be combined for those seeking a customized and diversified portfolio.
These “funds of funds” were designed to pursue a common investor objective such as preservation, income or growth.
For many advisors, college savings represents an untapped opportunity to meet new prospects and establish long-term relationships. Here are a few of the practice-building strategies featured in our suite of CollegeAmerica advisor resources:
College Savings and Estate Planning
Grandparents often contribute to college savings and may not be aware of the estate-planning benefits that a 529 college savings plan offers.
Connecting Businesses With CollegeAmerica
For employers, 529 plans are a great, no-cost way to reward employees. For advisors, they offer a foot in the door to build long-term relationships with businesses.